Monday 16 May 2016

First Ever Blog Event!

The blog event was held at the Wig & Pen (soon to be Craft & Dough) in Sheffield, on Saturday May 14.

I believe with this post it would be beneficial to get the negatives out of the way first.

As lovely as the pub were itself. the staff were lacking in professionalism, A bar man was supposed to be serving at the bar downstairs where the event was being held, for the duration of the visit as per the agreement when the room was booked, this did not happen, the member of staff in question left after the first half hour meaning we had to use the upstairs bar, now I am not complaining about having to use the stairs, the problem is the lack of respect shown by the staff by not adhering to what was promised. This was just one of the problems encountered due to unreliable staff, People had their meals missed off the food order, so when everyone received their food there were 4/5 people who had to sit and wait for another half hour (at least!) before they could eat, this was an uncomfortable situation for everyone. On the topic of food I ordered a Margarita pizza, which was adequate enough, it was nice but it wasn't sensational, I would say it tasted and resembled something which had come out of a box from a supermarket.

Overall I believe the staff did not present themselves or their establishment very well at all, in fact I think they did a great job at making sure I never return, thankfully though this did not impact on the actual event, I believe the event managers did a great job at putting everything together and made it a fun day.

The atmosphere at the #steelcityblogmeet was great! Everyone seemed to have a really good time, everyone there was really welcoming which was

good for me considering my newbie status, I was a bit concerned that people would already know each other therefore leaving me to be a loner all day, and I cannot believe how wrong I were, it was great meeting all the new people and getting to know more about them, they were all really friendly.

Overall the event was great, despite best efforts from the staff to change that. It was fun and it was interesting, I can't wait for the next one! I am thankful that this was the first event I went to, as it was a great day :)












A picture of all the brilliant goodies received at the event, so excited to try them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment